Thursday, March 24, 2011

Obedience

In lesson after lesson as I grew up in the LDS Church, I learned that OBEDIENCE is the highest form of love and worship.
Doctrine and Covenants 82:10, “I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise.”
Doctrine and Covenants 130:21, “And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated.”
Even the purpose of life itself was to learn obedience and do as others command us to do.
While on a mission, I was taught never to question mission rules or commands that came from the leaders of the church or it would show a lack of love and devotion.

Although the church leaders may at times be wrong, they are always the leaders -- and we will be blessed by following their advice.
The problems is that the more a person hands off his own decisions to authority figures, the less one takes responsibility for his/her own actions.
"The disappearance of a sense of responsibility is the most far-reaching consequence of submission to authority."
— Stanley Milgra

So, I have come to QUESTION AUTHORITY -- in all its forms.  Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment