- Donate an exorbitant amount of money to any church without asking for an accounting of how it is spent.
- Live a life that shuns those who follow other religions and philosophies to feel that he/she is superior to (or better than) others.
- Attend more meetings than is healthy.
- Read only materials that are approved or correlated by his church.
- Hurt, shun or kill others who believe differently. (The Bible is filled with such atrocities, and the murderers of 3,000 innocent people on 9/11/2001 were also living such a philosophy)
- Insist that others who believe differently have to submit to laws written for only believers (forbidding intermarriage, birth control, abortion, blasphemy, being homosexual, etc.)
- Feel that only their own version of morality is worthwhile or that simply not believing makes that person immoral. (i.e., those who otherwise live good, decent, happy, fulfilled lives of service to others are still "dammed" unless they are baptized or accept Jesus)
"My dissonance lay in just the matter of believing myself a bad person for not being able to believe in something that I'd been taught that just praying
enough, testifying enough, fasting enough, reading enough in the BofM etc.
would reveal the truth of. In hindsight the truly terrible thing in all of
this was my own belief in myself as someone with some kind of basic fault that hindered my belief in the truth of mormonism. It was a terrible place to be
mentally. I knew I was a bad person for not believing in the TRUTH, and yet it was impossible for me to believe."